MyBill and Cat in Paris

MyBill and Cat in Paris
Paris on the bridge!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Who needs an alarm?

     Picture the scene: 5:00 AM the morning I start back to school. All 5 of us ( the girls and Mom who is close to moving in) are sound asleep in our beds.  Well, I am not really sleeping I am running through a list of things I have to do at school but you get the idea.  The fire alarm goes off.  Seriously LOUD!  Bill and I jump up. I freak out! Run up the stairs.  The alarm stops.  Just stops.  Bill is looking downstairs for the fire. I run upstairs and into mom who is up stairs already looking.  I am thinking two things.  1. I need to find the fire (why I don't know) and 2.  Why haven't we practice a fire drill.  The teacher in me never dies I guess. Where is my list of names and our disgnated meeting place.  Why haven't we done a drill in the new house.  On and on.
       I go to check on both girls because I think we are on fire and I need them to be heading to the door.    Now here is the telling part of my children.  Vic didn't hear it or heard it and decided it wasn't real.  After I told her get out if that happens again she immeditly fell back asleep.   Val heard it but decide to roll over and watch Netflix! Really. We informed her next time act like it is real blah blah blah.
       Bill declares it a false alarm and went back to bed.  Mom goes back to her room.  I am stuck wide awake waiting on 6:30 so I can get dressed for work.
      Ten minutes later it goes off again and then immeditly stops.  This time Val is up and coming down the stairs (good girl).  Vic who is still sleeping will need some more work. I an never sleeping again.

Until next time.
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment